I study a few recipes, tweak them and ta~da this is my version :
60g finely grounded peanut
40g coarse peanut
100g self-raising flour
80g fine sugar
60g corn or peanut oil
1 beaten egg for glazing (optional)
Half peanut for decoration
1. Sieve self-raising flour.
2. Mix flour, fine sugar and both peanuts together till well mixed.
3. Slowly add in corn or peanut oil till it form into a soft dough.
4. Form into small balls and place onto a greased baking sheet.
5. Glaze with beaten egg.
6. Add halved peanut for decoration.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170 degrees for 15 mins till golden brown.
8. Allow the cookies to cool for a while before transfering them to wire rack for further cooling.
9. Only store the cookies in air-tight container when it is completely cool.
– This cookie is the melt in the mouth type.
– This recipe isn’t too sweet so if you like it to be a little sweeter, add 20g sugar.
– Add corn oil gradually, you may not need all dependent on the flour you use and how well it absorb. As long as it forms a dough, it’s ready.
– I believe peanut oil will give the cookies a stronger peanut scent but corn oil is readily available and healthier.
– I did not glaze the cookies with beaten egg cos I deem it unnecessary.
– You can use plain flour instead of self-raising flour, no need to add baking powder or other leavening agents.
– You can use 100g of finely grounded peanut but I prefer mine to have some coarse peanuts when you put it into your mouth.
– I use my small cookie scoop to spoon out.
Yield 60 cookies
I would love to hear feedback from those who use this recipe hence please leave a comment.