This is one of my favourite! Had left over egg whites from the pineapple tarts baking session and I din want to throw it away just like that. So while waiting for the tarts dough to “chill” in the fridge for 1 hr, I prepared and bake this. Din expect it to be so easy, the only trick here is how to get it in a nice round shape and take care not to overbake.
1 egg white
30g fine sugar
1/8 tsp vanilla essence
20g self-raising flour
Almond flakes for decoration.
1. Mix egg white, sugar and vanilla essence till sugar is dissolved.
2. Add sifted self-raising flour and mix well.
3. Apply a really thin layer (almost see-thru) on baking paper.
4. Sprinkle a few almond flakes on top.
5. Bake at 170 degrees for 10 mins or till lightly brown.
6. Once it’s cool, keep in air-tight container.
Approximately 30 pcs
– You could replace self-raising flour with plain flour and a pinch of bicarbonate soda.
– The thinner the batter is, the crisper the almond crisp is.