170gm self-raising flour
80gm Icing Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
110g Corn or Canola Oil
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
80gm Ground Peanut
40g Coarse Peanut
Egg Yolk for brushing (Optional)
1. Sift flour, salt and icing sugar together.
2. Add ground peanut and coarse peanut, mix well.
3. Mix vanilla essence into corn oil and stir well.
4. Mix both ingredients and form a dough.
3. Shape into small round ball and slightly press it.
4. Brush with egg yolk and bake at 170 degrees for 15 mins or till lightly brown
Approximately 50 pcs
1. This is pretty different from the earlier peanut cookie. The earlier texture is more compact, all you bite into is ground peanut.
2. I personally felt this porportion is more balance, you could tell this is a peanut “cookie”.
3. Use icing sugar instead of fine sugar for this one.
4. As the ground peanut and coarse peanut contain a certain amount of oil, I’ve increase the amount of flour to bind the dough better.
5. The end dough should not feel too oily, if so do add a little more flour.
6. I’ve used both corn and canola oil to bake almond and peanut cookies but somehow corn oil gives a more oily texture so I guess I will stick with canola oil in future which is easier available and more economical.