5 eggs (grade A)
160g caster sugar
B (sieved together)
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 – 2 kueh bahulu moulds
1. Preheat kueh bahulu moulds in a preheated oven at 210 degrees.
2. Combine ingredient A in a mixer and beat for 15 mins till the consistency become thick.
3. Add in ingredient B in several batches to ensure it is well mixed.
4. Add ingredient C in the final step.
5. Mix the batter well.
6. Grease the pre-heated moulds.
7. Spoon in batter.
8. Bake in pre-heated oven at 210 degrees until golden brown.
9. Remove small cakes with a skewer.
10. Cool well before storage.
Y3K Vol 9 – new year cookies
– I did not specifically purchase a Kueh Bahulu mould so I bake them in mini muffins tray. I also din pre-heat the mould but brush it with oil so that it doesn’t stick.
– It reminds me of Madeleines. That one has a fair bit of butter in it but this one don’t.
– Had to beat the egg and sugar for sometime while it’s a one-bowl/manual work for Madeleines.
– The after-mixed texture is not as thick as Madeleines.
– I felt this is slightly dry, personally prefer Madeleines which is a little spongy.