Am craving for Oreo or Bailey’s cheesecake now! It all started with colleague who want to make a cheesecake for his wifey’s birthday tomorrow. I found a non-baked recipe from Kraft website, minimal ingredients and simple steps for someone to follow who have not baked before. Went to Phoon Huat during lunch and shop for all the necessary ingredients, he is making it right now and let’s hope it’s a successful one 🙂
Felt like rushing into the kitchen, bring out everything and bake one now! I have everything on hand even the Cream Cheese. I have yet to try this brand of Cream Cheese – Anchor, price is the same as PH one but I only saw them at Ailin. And I have been wanting to use my bottle of Bailey ever since it only make appearance at the Tiramisu. I guess this will be my weekend project.
Oreo Baked Cheesecake
240gm Oreo biscuit
120g unsalted butter (melt)
1 tbsp honey
1. Mix all ingredients together & press into baking tray.
2. Put in freezer for 15 mins before use.
500g cream cheese (room temperature)
85gm caster sugar
1 lemon skin/juice
35g corn flour
140g whipping cream
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1. Beat cream cheese and sugar at hi-speed for 3 to 5 mins till creamy.
2. Add in eggs, vanilla essence lemon juice and skin.
3. Lastly mix in corn flour, whipping cream.
4. Pour into ready Oreo biscuit base and steam bake at 150 degrees to 160 degrees for 1 hr 15 mins.
Fits a 9″ X 9″ square tin