It’s not very often that I made the same recipe twice, there are just too many to try out. But this is one that I will not hesitate to do it again and again when I am not in the adventurous mood, want something that is safe and good! I didn’t even bring out the mixer to do this, I merely use a manual whisk.
I bake this in a new silicone mould, I like the shape of the individual. The top was piped with some chocolate coating. I’m sharing this recipe here and hope you give it a try too!
Lemon Tea Cakes
3g baking powder
30g unsalted butter
100g egg (about 2 eggs)
15g lemon juice
1 lemon zest
40g whipping cream (I use non-whipping)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Sift flour and baking powder.
3. Melt butter over hot water.
4. Whisk egg and sugar to light. Stir in whipping cream, lemon juice and zest.
5. Fold in flour gently and melted butter.
6. Pour batter on the pan filling 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from 輕食小茶餅