I had some lovely double chocolate chip cookies the other day and thought of trying my hand on it. Have used Valrhona cooca powder here which gives the cookie the dark, intense color and flavour. Add in a handful of chocolate chips and diced almond and it’s just the perfect combination! The diced almond gave the cookies a nutty and extra crunch.
These cookies are good to keep too! I kept some in an airtight container for more than a week and they taste just as good!
What you need :
45g brown sugar
20g egg (about half an egg)
140g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
60g chocolate chips
Handful of diced almond
What to do :
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in egg a little at a time till well mixed.
3. Fold in sifted flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
4. Mix in chocolate chips and diced almond.
5. Roll into a ball and flattened on baking sheet.
6. Bake at 170 degrees for 12 mins.
Makes 42 pcs
– The cookie does not flatten or spread out during baking.