I call this Berries Chiffon Cake as the original recipe ask for normal yoghurt but I used mixed berries yogurt and seeing the purple tint of it, I was thinking I may end up with a purple chiffon! Anyway, the texture color came out in pretty off-white. Bought some dried cranberries from a pushcart, thinking to make this chiffon but I ate half of it in the end 🙂 Thought it make a good snack so shall buy more the next time! This recipe is from my trusted 好吃戚風蛋糕輕鬆上手 by 福田淳子. It’s interesting to use yoghurt as the liquid ingredient, the cake texture is more moist than the normal chiffon. The addition of cranberries gave the cake a little crunchy with a fruity taste.
3 egg yolk
80g caster sugar
40ml corn oil
1 tsp lemon juice (I omit this)
80g Mixed Berries Yoghurt
80g cake flour
4 egg whites
60g dried cranberries
1. Whisk egg yolk, 1/3 of the caster sugar, corn oil, yoghurt together. Add in cake flour and mix well.
2. Whisk egg whites with 2/3 of the caster sugar till stiff peak.
3. Coat cranberries with cake flour.
4. Add 1/3 portion of the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites mixture and fold to combine the mixture together.
5. Fold in the rest of the egg yolk mixture.
6. Add in the dried cranberries.
7. Bake @ 170 degrees for 30 mins.
8. Invert cake tin till it’s completely cool before removing the cake.