I love Bread and Butter Pudding, it’s a must-have dessert if it’s available at the buffet line. I last made them in Yr 2008, cannot remember which recipe that is from but I din really like it, it’s too custard. My version of bread and butter pudding should be soft and moist.
This time I took back the recipe I learnt in secondary school days, yes ~ I still have that copy of handwritten recipe book 🙂 And it didn’t require the bread to be toasted. With half doubt if I have copy wrongly, I went ahead!
I didn’t have raisins on hand but some rum soaked mix fruits! So there goes in too!
2 slices of white bread spread with butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Raisins or Cranberries
1. Cut up the buttered bread is cubes and arrange in a ramekin.
2. Beat egg, milk and vanilla in a bowl.
3. Stir in raisins or cranberries
4. Pour the liquid mixure into the ramekin and let it sit for 15 mins.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins.