It’s been a while that I’ve some time on hand to do a proper write-up, to share a recipe that I’ve try and to take proper pictures so I really enjoy the “me” time this afternoon. Wat a good way to spend the Christmas eve baking my favourite fruit cake! I love fruit cakes but not those dense and moist type, I’ve been diligently using this fruit cake recipe from 曾美子的黃金比例蛋糕, I like the clear step by step instructions. Btw, the gold heart foil is edible type.
My mini fruit cake which is only 5″, I should bake more of this cake size!
I don’t really measure the amount of dried fruits, walnuts, vanilla essence I put in, I grated a good one orange zest with my Christmas present! It’s a microplane given by a close friend, guess she knew me best.
Here’s wishing all a Merry Christmas and a blessed year ahead!
100g unsalted butter
65g brown sugar
Pinch of salt
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g cake flour
2g double action baking powder
1/2 tsp mixed spice
Zest of 1 orange
1 cup of dried mix fruits – soaked with rum
1 cup of walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
3. Add in beaten eggs bit by bit till well mixed.
4. Add in orange zest.
5. Fold in sifted flour, baking powder, mixed spice.
6. Add in dried mix fruits and walnuts.
7. Pour batter into lined/greased baking tin and bake for 30-40 mins till skewer comes out clean.