Wanted to bake a pound cake to test a new loaf tin I got – super mini in fact, each slice is approximately just palm size!
Not only it’s easy to consume cos it’s small but I like that not having to bake too much which will take a few days to finish.
Mine din turn out as dark as the picture shown in the book probably because I didn’t add Kahlua and despite adding a good 20g of instant coffee (I did 2/3 of the proportion) the coffee flavour isn’t strong. Probably should have use Illy instead or add some Coffee Emulco or Coffee Extract will be good!
Coffee Pound Cake (for 8″ tin)
150g unsalted butter
120g caster sugar
150g egg (approximately 3)
150g cake flour
2 tbsp instant coffee
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon (which I omit cos I didn’t want it to cover the coffee flavour)
2 tsp Kahlua
1. Cream butter and sugar till white and fluffy.
2. Add in egg bit by bit till well mixed.
3. Sift cake flour, instant coffee, baking powder, cinnamon powder together.
4. Alternate fold in flour and milk.
5. Bake in a pre-heated 170 degrees oven for 60 mins.
Recipe adapted from 123 Pound Cake