Nothing beat a good slice of home baked cake.
Somehow walnut is a staple nut in the baking pantry and it’s important to get good walnuts so I dun mind paying a bit more, like those from US.
My 2 mini loaf tin which is just nice for this recipe. The smaller one measure 4.5cm (width) x 17.5cm (length).
I like how *almost* straight the edges are.
Coffee Walnut Cake
150g plain flour
20g wheat germ *I omit*
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp instant coffee powder
1 tbsp water
150g caster sugar
120ml corn oil
50 ml evaporated milk
* I added 1 tsp of coffee emulco*
1. Grease and line two 8cm x 15cm small loaf tin
2. Sift flour, wheat germ, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
3. Stir instant coffee powder with water until melted. Add in eggs, sugar, oil and evaporated milk.
4. Stir into flour mixture together with 50g chopped walnuts until well blended.
5. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining chopped walnut in a pre-heated oven at 170 degrees for 30 mins.
6. Stand for 10 mins and turn to wire rack to cool.
Recipe adapted from Easy Stir n Bake Cakes by Kevin Chai