Gotten a spring issue of Cupcake Heaven Magazine and indeed it’s a very good collection of cupcakes receipe, would say it’s even better than some of the cupcakes recipe book in the market! I didn’t have time to browse through and was glad it’s indeed a good buy. There are several doable recipes and they uses a different method from what I have been using.
Using a pound cake formula but with a different type of flour and additional baking powder. The cupcake texture is simply wonderful – moist and light, the cake crumbs are distinct. I have not had any luck getting a bottle of Nielsen Massey Coffee Extract hence I uses 2 tbsp of Nescafe 3 in 1 Regular Coffee which I have a liking for the fragrant roast flavour to 1 tbsp hot water and another 1/2 tsp of coffee paste. I didn’t get 12 cupcakes as per the recipe, not sure if the paper cupcakes I gotten are of a little huge so I only manage to get 8 cupcakes.
110g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
110g light brown sugar (I cut down to 90g)
110g unsalted butter (softened)
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp black coffee (I substitute with 2 tbsp instant coffee : 1 tbsp hot water)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sift flour, baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir in sugar and butter.
3. Beat in eggs, coffee and coffee paste till well combined.
4. Spoon mixture into paper cases and bake for 20 mins till rises and springy to touch.
5. Remove and leave to cool for 5 mins in the tin before place on wire rack to cool completely.