Another great recipe from the magazine! Light and fruity with a wonderful texture. I used a can of lychees, process and drain away the excess sugar syrup.
180ml lychee puree
60ml whole milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
110g unsalted butter, softened
200g caster sugar – I reduce to 170g
2 egg whites
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Cream butter and sugar until soft and light.
3. Add the egg and egg whites until well blended.
4. Sift in the flour, baking powder and sat.
5. Add lychee and milk mixture until just combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into the paper caes and bake for 20-25 mins until the top are light golden and spring to the touch.
Recipe adapted from Cupcake Heaven Magazine