Glad to be back to the kitchen again. Remember trying a similar dish in one of the local restaurant that serve this and found the recipe in 小小米桶的超省時廚房.
It’s indeed worth trying and does not take much effort.
80g minced meat
Spring Roll Wrappers
1/4 tsp Rice Wine
1/2 egg white
Pinch of Salt
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp corn flour
1. De-shell the prawns and use a little corn flour to rub the prawns and wash, pat dry
2. Using the back of the knife to “flatten” the prawns.
3. Add in the minced meat and all seasoning to mix well.
4. Set aside in the fridge for 30 mins before using.
5. Sprinkle some corn flour on the spring roll wrapper before laying out the prawn/meat paste on it.
6. Sprinkle another round of corn flour before covering with another piece of spring roll wrapper.
7. Flatten it with the back of a knife and cut little holes on the wrapper to allow the air to escape and to keep the “pancake” flatten while pan fried.
8. Using a shallow wok with the amount of oil for half deep fried and half pan fried, fried till golden brown.