I’m a fan of fruit cake especially one laden with good butter fragrance. Lurpak have always been my choice for the mellow fragrance and taste whenever it comes to butter cake.
And lots of mixed fruits too! Added additional glaze cherries which is my favourite.
120gm caster sugar (originally 150gm)
4 eggs, beaten
225gm plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy
3. Add in eggs little by little, ensure it’s well mix before adding the next addition.
4. Sift flour into the butter/egg mixture and mix on low speed till no clumps are seen.
5. Fold in mixed fruits
6. Pour batter into 8 inch square tin and bake for 1.5 hrs
I boil the mixed fruits with 1 part of rum + 1/2 part of water and leave aside to cool.