After fulfilling orders that need to be deliver tomorrow, I steal some time to bake Kueh Bahulu! Did 2 variations – Chocolate Chips and Pandan.
The pattern didn’t come out that nicely as the “depth” wasnt deep so probably it’s time to get the authentic aluminium mould.
2 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
60gm plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1. Place a greased kuih balu mould into a preheated 190C oven.
2. Whisk egg at full speed for 1-2 minute until light, pale and frothy.
3. Add sugar and vanilla extract and beat at full speed for another 1-2 minute until thick and creamy.
4. In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Fold lightly into the above mixture.
5. Scoop batter into the heated greased mould. Fill to the top of the mould.
6. Bake at 190C for 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
7. Remove kuih bahlu from mould with the aid of a skewer and leave to cool on a wire rack. Continue with the the rest of the batter (step 5-7).
8. Store in an airtight container
Makes 48 pcs