Trying out a new mould. I rem how I used to love silicone molds cos they are non-stick and save me the trouble of greasing them but after baking for a while, you realise silicone molds doesnt give u the nice sheen so I’m back to aluminium molds!
Compared to the last recipe which gives a more compact texture, I much prefer this texture. The outside is crispy with a more spongy texture, reason being that these uses cake flour and more butter.
Here is the recipe to share :
80g caster sugar
100g cake flour
2g baking powder
120g melted butter
1 orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Whisk eggs and caster sugar till ribbon stage.
3. Add in orange zest.
4. Sieve cake flour and baking powder together.
5. Lightly fold in half of the flour/baking powder and followed by the balance.
6. Scoop out 1/3 of the mixture and mix well with the melted butter before combining the batter together.
7. Spoon the mixture into piping bags and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hrs, or even overnight.
8. Pipe the batter into madeleines tray and bake for 9 mins.