It’s indeed been a long long while. While baking have really slow down and it’s always the usual aka family’s favourite like butter cake, fruit cakes etc so that somehow does not call for a blog post.
Nevertheless, I’ve finally made some kaya! absence of the real Pandan leaves thou cos it’s in the evening I decided to prepare for the next day breakfast.
100g gula melaka
100g caster sugar
350ml coconut milk
1tsp Pandan Paste
- Chop up the Gula Melaka and together with caster sugar, whisk them into the eggs till sugar melts.
- Add in coconut milk and mix well.
- Double boil the mixture over another pot of hot water and use a whisk to stir throughout 1 hr.
- The kaya will gradually thicken up, reduce to 1/3.
- Cool till slightly warm and use a handheld blender to achieve a smooth texture.
This will give you a medium size tub of Kaya. I usually separate the Kaya into small containers so you can keep them longer.