Need something really sweet .. ok, not that super sweet, it’s reasonably sweet! So it’s brownies!
It’s tough to get ingredients during this CB, flour is out, sugar is out. I make a trip to PH during on 1st May to get some ingredients and is lucky to get some, but no choice had to take double portion of all so I didnt have to make frequent trips. On another note, I’m happy to replenish ingredients as it mean I’ve been baking! almost 3 times a week to put food on the table for breakfast or tea time. Use some good old recipes and tried some new ones too!
Did a search for brownies and most needed brown sugar which I cant find AGAIN! So glad to find one using normal sugar. I had no Valrhona chocolate so I used Bakeway dark converture chocolate and the brownies turn out decent!
I also love the new pink ceramic dish that I’m bringing in lots of them now. Check out http://www.facebook.com/shopnbake for pretty bakewares and kitchenwares!
Recipe adapted from
166g Dark Chocolate (I used converture)
1 tsp vanilla extract
40gm plain flour
66g chocolate chips
Handful of toasted almond nibs
1. Preheat oven to 140/160C
2. Place dark chocolate and butter into a mixing bowl over a pot of hot water.
3. Stir gently to melt the chocolate and butter.
4. Remove from the hot water pot and add in sugar and vanilla extract.
5. Add in eggs and mix well.
6. Sift in flour and mix well.
7. Put in 2/3 of chocolate chips and almond nibs and mix well. (I forgot and add in all!)
8. Bake for 25 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
– Rem to oil the baking tin.
– Overbaking will give you a more cakey brownie.
For now, the craving is fixed!