The in-dessert now! Basque Burnt Cheesecake and it’s so easy to make, you just need to have 2 key ingredients – cream cheese and whipping cream.
Best served after an overnight chill in the fridge, it’s either you like or you dont like the burnt taste. Well, a good dessert for the occasional treat.
I checked a few recipes and most of them use either 200g or 220g cream cheese so I modified slightly to use up all the 250g cream cheese I have.
250g cream cheese
20g Cake Flour
95g caster sugar
140g whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Remember to bring out the cream cheese to soften it.
- Using a handheld mixer, soften the cream cheese with caster sugar.
- Add the beaten egg and mix well after each addition.
- Add in whipping cream followed by cake flour and vanilla bean paste
- Bake at 220 degrees for 30 mins and grill the top for 3-4 mins for the burnt effect.