We’re into the 2nd year of the pandemic and things just arent looking better, in Singapore we It’s the mooncake season again! And every year I will bring out my excel file with all the previous year information e.g. proportion, recipes, schedule and do all the calculation like how much I need to buy, how many mooncakes I intend to make. I even have a schedule so that I dont get stress over what I need to make. Thinking process ahead and you can immediately jump into action.
Started this year baking with 公仔饼! Didnt have much luck previously but this year I’m lucky! The pastry is perfect that it’s already soft the next day. Gotten a new mould and love how the shape looks like. New baking tools never fail to motivate me!
I tried 2 batches – Cake Flour and Hong Kong Flour and Hong Kong Flour is the to-go choice!
42g Golden Syrup
20g Peanut Oil
1/4 tsp Alkaline Water
72g Hong Kong Flour (I am using Prima brand)
2 tbsp beaten egg
Few drops of oil
Few drops of milk
1) Mix golden syrup, peanut oil and alkaline water well
2) Add in sifted flour
3) Use a scraper to form a soft dough
4) Cover surface with clingwrap and leave aside for 3 hrs
5) Mould dough into various shape or into moulds
6) Bake at 160 degrees for 10 mins
7) Bring out to cool for 10 mins
8) Lightly brush with egg wash
9) Bake again at 160 degrees for 12 mins or until golden brown
I cant really remember where I got the recipe from so I cant give credit to the owner.