I think the cut strawberry are so cute that I couldn’t resist dedicating a picture to it. Use the cookie cutter I bought from Hong Kong to cut the strawberry. Surprisingly, these strawberries smell really nice and also not sour. I’m not a fan of strawberries or any fruits that is sour but these are just nice. The balance of the strawberry bits and cherries are mixed into the batter.
A very close fren of mine gave me some cherries the other day I met her for lunch. Those are big and sweet, pretty ex too at 300gm cost S$10 plus but most importantly, it’s the thought that touches me most. And all these fruits goes into ….
Fruit Pastry! It’s a very popular cake in IK (a forum) and I’ve read so many reviews that it’s very nice. I took the opportunity to buy these fruits when at Giant this morning.
The cross section of the cake, filled with cherries and strawberries bits. The aroma of the cake filled the house during the baking session. It’s soft and moist.
I wanted to bring a whole cake back to office so I’ve to make another one, right? The cherries doesnt look too good when it’s bake so I put strawberries this time.
180gm sugar + 1 tablespoon for fruits
100gm salted butter
2 tablespoons or 50 gm sour cream
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon or orange peel
Fruits (apricots, peaches, pears, cherries, plums, orange, pineapple, or any other fruit not to juicy)
Wat to do
1. In a strainer place the prepared fruits (pit removed and cut in not too big pieces) and sprinkle them with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
3. Beat butter, sour cream and sugar together.
4. Add eggs one at a time.
5. Add vanilla and lemon/orange peel.
6. Fold in sifted flour and baking powder till well mixed.
7. Mix in fruits bits and pour batter into prepared greased tin.
8. Level the batter and add in cut fruits, do not press down the fruits down.
9. Bake for 60-70 mins.
10. Leave to cool on cooling rack.
11. Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
Baking Tin :
- I use a 7″ round springform tin so the cake is higher.
Source : Vi
– I modify the recipe slightly by using cake flour and also reducing the amount of sugar (from 200g)
– You may want to cover the top in the last 15 mins of baking so it’s not too brown.
– For LG SolarDom oven, I bake at 170 degrees for 55 mins.