Having something chocolately certainly sweeten the weekend or should I say getting all ready for the new week? Nevertheless, this is a really yummy muffin. First saw them through SmallsmallBaker, she said this is the best recipe she have tried in Yr 2010! and now I have to wholeheartedly agree this is one of the easiest and yummiest muffin recipe. I don’t usually measure ingredients like chocolate chips, nuts or vanilla extract but she reminded that we must make sure we add that much of chocolate chips so I really measure this round and so glad I did! It’s comforting to bite into chocolate chips every mouthful.
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp best quality cocoa powder
175g caster sugar
150g chocolate chips (save 1/4 of the chips for sprinkling)
90ml vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 200 deg C.
2. Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 of the chocolate chips into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug and mix well.
4. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together with slow and gentle strokes. Stop stirring once the last traces of flour disappear. Do not overmix. A lumpy batter will ensure the muffins stay moist and fluffy.
5. Spoon the batter into paper muffin cases.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 chocolate chips on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
Recipe from: Foodnetwork.com
Catch Nigella in action here!