There have been a lot of rave reviews on this Blended Orange Cake – original recipe from here. And while I miss home baked cakes, this is definitely a good choice as it’s so straight forward and easy.
The texture is moist and as it uses oil, it taste light and refreshing. I really like the idea of putting one whole orange in it.
1 orange zest
1 cup of sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted together with
1 tbsp baking powder
1. Grate the orange zest and leave aside (I used the whole orange)
2. Slice the orange into half. Remove the seeds and the white strips at the centre of the orange.
3. Remove the rind and cut the orange into small size
4. Blend together orange, sugar, oil and eggs until smooth.
5. Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the flour, whisk well
6. Pour the mixture into greased pan.
7. Bake in a preheated oven, 150 celcius for 40 minutes.