It’s been a long long time since I do bread simply becos of the time require, the hot weather (thou perfect for proofing bread but just like today when I begin my bread making, the sun went into hiding again!), my back which I sprained 2 months ago and it’s taking a while to recover since I don’t want to rely on western medicine muscle relexant to help. Well, the smell of the dough is still as still so good! I love that smell 🙂
So to start the momentum again, here is the mock bees sting bread, one that have been on my list to do and knowing that my family won’t mind.
Mock Bees Sting Bread
250g Bread Flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp milk powder
40g icing sugar
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 egg (beated)
Some black raisins, some caster sugar
1. Combine ingredient for dough A in a mixer, mix well.
2. Add in ingredient dough B and beat for 5 minutes or till a dough is formed.
3. Add in ingredient dough C and beat till the dough is smooth and pass the window pane test.
4. Leave dough in greased bowl, covered with a damp cloth and proof in a warm place for 30 mins or until double in size.
5. Divide dough into 2 equal portion. Knead and round into ball shapes, flatten and roll out each ball of dough.
6. Place on a greased tray, spaced apart. Proof for 45 mins or until double in size.
7. Glaze with egg wash and press in raisins on the surface.
8. Sprinkle some caster sugar on top.
9. Bake in a preheat oven at 190 degrees for 20 mins till golden brown.
10. Cool well in a wire rack.